The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) announces the list of taxis and Transport Network Vehicle Service (TNVS) which can start to ply the metro starting 01 June 2020.
Following the guidelines set by the agency’s Memorandum Circular (MC) 2020-018, a total of 23,067 applications were approved by the Board, 4,438 of which are taxis while 18,629 are TNVS units submitted by various Transport Network Companies (TNC).
LTFRB informs the public that there is NO FARE INCREASE for the aforementioned units and that only cashless payments shall be facilitated. Commuters are also reminded to always wear a face mask whenever boarding a Public Utility Vehicle (PUV).
Operators and drivers shall likewise observe strict Social Distancing Guidelines set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) and Department of Transportation (DOTr) such as but not limited to:
- Wearing of face masks and gloves;
- Disinfection of units every 2 hours;
- Putting of a driver compartment made from a non-permeable transparent material;
- Strict enforcement of the passenger seating capacity and;
- Daily manifest or logbook of passengers to be used for contact tracing.
For the full guidelines for the operations of taxis and TNVS during the period of ECQ, click HERE.
For the list of TNVS and Taxi Service operational starting June 1, 2020, please check the following links: