The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) issued Memorandum Circular 2020-016 on 30 April 2020 on the ‘Mandatory On-line Filing of Request for Selected Transactions While the General Community Quarantine is Still in Place in Low or Moderate-Risk Areas’.
With the imposition of Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) in the entirety of Luzon on 16 March 2020 in response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in the country, restrictions included temporary closure of non-essential shops, business, private and public offices, as well as on mass gatherings in an effort to mitigate the impact of the virus.
On the 24th of April 2020, it was announced that a second extension of the ECQ would be imposed on some high-risk areas in Luzon, including some parts of Visayas and Mindanao, until 15 May 2020, whereas other areas in Luzon would have their quarantine levels reduced to General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
To continuously serve our stakeholders, while still upholding the safety standards of social distancing, the Board devised means to proceed with simple transactions through online/electronic filing. The transactions which will be accepted are as follows:
1. Request for Special Permit;
2. Request for Confirmation of Unit/s
3. Request for Franchise Verification
4. Correction of Typographical Error
5. Request for Issuance or Extension Provisional Authority
HOW TO FILE YOUR REQUEST:
2. The requests and required attachments may be filed/sent online to the email addresses of the Central Office and Regional Franchising and Regulatory Office (RFROs).
3. List of the approved/disapproved requests will be posted on the LTFRB website and social media accounts.
Note that applicants are dispensed from payment filing fee/s for these transactions while the GCQ is still in effect.