REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE ROUTE RATIONALIZATION STUDY FOR THE METRO MANILA URBAN TRANSPORTATION INTEGRATION STUDY (MMUTIS) UPDATE AND CAPACITY ENHANCEMENT PROJECT (MUCEP) AREA
REFERENCE NUMBER: PBD-CONS-2019-001
- The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, through the through the General Appropriations Act of 2018 intends to apply the sum of Forty-Five Million Philippine Pesos (PhP 45,000,000.00), inclusive of taxes being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the procurement of Consulting Services for the Route Rationalization Study for the Metro Manila Urban Transportation Integration Study (MMUTIS) Update and Capacity Enhancement Project (MUCEP) Area. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
- The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board now calls for the submission of eligibility documents for the Route Rationalization Study for the Metro Manila Urban Transportation Integration Study (MMUTIS) Update and Capacity Enhancement Project (MUCEP) Area. Eligibility documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat on or before 9:00 a.m. of August 1, 2019 at the Office of the BAC Secretariat, 3rd Floor, LTFRB Central Office East Avenue, Quezon City. Opening of eligibility documents shall be held at 10:00 a.m. of August 1, 2019 at the LTFRB Conference Room, 3rd Floor, LTFRB Central Office East Avenue, Quezon City. Eligibility documents will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the above address. Late submission shall not be accepted.
- Bidders should have completed, within the last five (5) years from the date of submission and receipt of eligibility documents, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in Part I Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section III, Eligibility Data Sheet.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board and inspect Part I of the Bidding Documents at the address given below starting on July 24, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m Monday to Friday.
- Part I of the Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders from July 24 to August 1, 2019 at the Office of the BAC Secretariat, 3rd Floor, LTFRB Central Office East Avenue, Quezon City and upon payment of a non-refundable fee to recover the cost of bidding documents in the amount of One Thousand Pesos (Php 1,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest, including the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist, preferably, of three (3) prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. Should only one or less than the required number apply for eligibility and shortlisting, pass the eligibility check, and/or pass the minimum score required in the shortlisting, the BAC shall consider the same. The criteria and rating system for short listing are:
|Rating Factor||Maximum Points|
|I. Applicable Experience of the Consulting Firm||40 points|
|II. Qualifications of principal and key staff of the consultant who may be assigned to the job vis-à-vis extent of complexity of the undertaking||40 points|
|III. Absorptive Capacity||20 points|
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 Revised IRR of RA 9184. Bidding is open to all interested bidders, whether local or foreign, subject to the conditions for eligibility provided in the IRR of RA 9184.
- The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality Based Evaluation/Selection (QBE/QBS)
- The study shall be completed in seven (7) months but the contract will be for a duration of 12 months to include five (5) months of consultative conferences with all the stakeholders. .
- The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
NIDA P. QUIBIC
OIC, BAC Chairperson
and Division Chief of Information and Systems Management
EVELYN G. ORCAJADA
3rd Floor, LTFRB Main Building
East Avenue, Quezon City
Telefax No. : 925-84-10
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please click the link below:
Part I PBD for LTFRB route planning for MUCEPP7.24.19 (1)